Wednesday, 1 June 2011

LUSH Review: Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask

For those of you who are not fimiliar with the cosmetic brand 'LUSH', let me give you a quick introduction. LUSH is a brand that sells fresh, hand made cosmetics that try whenever they can to be as environmentally and animal friendly as possible, with the majority of their products being vegan and ingredients being the majority of the time organic. In addition to this, LUSH are frequent supporters of charities.

There is unfortunately a downside. With LUSH taking all of these points into consideration, it does mean their prices are a little bit higher then your usual drugstore finds, but for this product, I think that £5.25 was not a bad deal. LUSH have a range of face masks, suited for different skin types, but I was recommended Brazened Honey because although it is used to revitalise your skin, I was told it would be benificial to my oily skin.  

LUSH have very pleasant staff, who are happy to take time to help you find the product and are well educated in what they are selling. The lady that helped me let me try the face mask on my hand, leave it for a few minutes and wash it off, so I could personally try the product out. I discovered my skin to be feeling super soft. The woman that helped me, in detail explained about the ingredients and how they'd benefit my skin and also the most effective way to use it. I must add before I forget, that because LUSH face masks conatin fresh ingredients like free range eggs and yogurt, you need to store them in the fridge and the face masks have a usual usage span of 3 weeks (you can find out how long lasting your face mask is by checking the use by date). Though by storing your face mask in the fridge, it does mean that when you apply it to your face, you get a wonderful cooling and refreshing sensation.

To give you a better idea of the product and it's ingredients, this is what LUSH says:
"A powerhouse of effective ingredients for all tired skins, exfoliating, detoxifying, stimulating, and nourishing. Refreshing herbs and fruit juice are blended with warming Ayurvedic herbs and spices. With almonds to polish and moisturising honey, this blend leaves the skin vibrant and reinvigorated."

So this is how I use the face mask:
1.Cleanse your skin with a cleanser of your choice and then dry your face.
2.With clean hands apply the face mask all over your face, avoiding the eye area.
3.I personally like to place cucumber slices on my eyes, but you do not have to do this.
4.After 5-10 minutes, before your face mask has dried up, rinse it off with warm water. With the Brazened Honey face mask in peticular, whilst rinsing it off, you can use it to exfoliate your skin because of the ground almonds it contains. However, not all face masks have the ability to exfoliate.
5.Then use your toner, though this is not completely necessary.
6.Moisturize your skin.

For this face mask in paticular, I would recommend you use it once a week, if you intend to exfoliate. If you choose not to exfoliate, then you could use it more often. From my face mask, I managed to get 8 uses (though this can vary depending on how much product you use), that works out at around 66p per face mask, which is not bad at all.

I found my skin afterwards to feel super soft and clean, it really did nourish, detoxify and stimulate it! Whether it made a difference to my spots, I'm not so sure, but at least it did not worsen it.

To top it all off, the smell was very refreshing and the scent of the herbs in the face mask really came through. It was a nice treat for once a week, and once I had finished my face mask, I purchased the BB Seaweed face mask. I have only tried this once, but expect a review once I have given it a go a few more times! Also, if you bring back 5 empty LUSH pots, you get a free face mask! All in all, I'd give this mask a 9/10, c'est fantastique! (I don't know what it is with me and comments in French!)


Lots of love,

Isabella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts