Thursday, 11 August 2011

Makeup Review: Sleek Palette 'Oh So Special'

The box which contains the palette.
The Palette


From top row left: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz and Celebrate
From bottom right: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up and Noir
From top row left: Bow, Organza, Ribbon
From bottom right: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail
From top row left: Gift Basket, Glitz and Celebrate
From bottom right: Boxed, Wrapped Up and Noir
From top row left: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz and Celebrate
From bottom right: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up and Noir


From top row left: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz and Celebrate.
From bottom right: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up and Noir.

So if you check out this blog post here which is my review of Sleek's 'Storm' palette, then there I cover all the basics, just so I can get more to the point on this palette in paticular.

So since I bought the 'Storm' palette, Sleek have come out with quite a few limited edition palettes, but I was hesistant on buying them because I felt that the colours were not very easy to wear on an everyday basis, and I wasn't looking for something just for special occasions. So you can imagine my excitement when I set my eyes on the 'Oh So Special' palette. It is compiled of some pretty pinks, a couple of opulent purples and some neutrals. I was slightly put off though, because I already had a few of the colours in my 'Storm' palette, though I felt it would be OK as the majority I did not own.

So in this palette, most of the shades have matte and satin finishes apart from Organza, Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate and Gateau which are all shimmery-metallics. The colour Bow, is ideal for a highlight colour, your inner corners and even all over your lid. Organza is a really gorgeous rose-gold colour that is guarunteed to warm up your eyes; Ribbon is a pretty salmon colour that looks great with a chocolate brown or when you want a colourful eye. Gift Basket is super to put in your crease, but looks just as good all over your lid. Glitz is a tricky one, but is a really dazzling colour (does anyone have suggestions on what colours would compliment it?). Celebrate appears purple in the palette but I think it is more of a deep brown with a hint of purple, but lovely nevertheless. Pamper is another pretty pink, that looks fabulous with a brown colour. Gateau, is probably one of the stand outs from the palette. It looks like a shimmery light purple, but it also has gorgeous golden reflexes, making a beautiful colour to put on the lid on its own but would still look fantastic with other colours. The Mail is a really nice neutral colour and a makeup essential, as is Boxed. Wrapped Up is a deep matte purple and as Noir does, they will intensify any look.

So all in all, as said before, this palette has fantastic pigmentation and really beautiful colours that can be worn in the daytime, but will also look stunning at night. For £6.49, you can't go wrong!

Lots of Love,

Isabella x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts