Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Makeup Review: Sleek 'Storm' Palette

So this review is one I'm sure you've undoubtedly seen countless times, but there is a very good reason for that- it's amazing!

So first and foremost, here is the palette, and swatches:
Ok, I don't know why, but the two colours at the end of the palette have been cut off, but you can see them below in the swatches. They are the browny/mauve colour and the black.

So firstly, before I get to my personal opinion, here is an overview of the palette. It retails at £6.49 and can be purchased at Superdrug. The palette itself is a stylish matte black, with the word 'Sleek' in a varnished effect. When opened there is a large mirror on top and it comes with twelve eye shadow colours with a double-sided-sponge-tip applicator.

The palette is mostly a metallic palette, but the sandy/camel colour (top row, third from the left), the chocolate brown (bottom row, second from the right) and the black (bottom row, first on the right) are matte. One colour however seems to have a bit of a different consistency (dark blue, bottom row, third on the right) has a sort of chunky glitter consistency. So when you dab some on your finger or brush, some bits fall out a little, but this is not too much of a problem as once you blend it in properly, it gives a beautiful, shimmery, dense midnight blue.

All the colours are fantastically pigmented and they all provide a rich colour pay off. Fantastic quality for a fantastic price I'd say! They are also completely wearable for everyday use, and then when the stars come out, you simply deepen the colours that you have on. Some colour combinations I love are the creamy-pearly colour on my inner-corners and as a highlight, the light bronze and sandy/camel colour on my lid and one of the chocolate browns (shimmery or matte) on the outer-corners of my eyes, blended into the crease. I also love to use the gorgeous gold colour on my inner corners too, it makes your eyes look radiant! Another go-to, quick combination is the rosey-gold colour all over my lid and the brown/mauve colour on my outer-corners, blended into my crease.

Now nothing is perfect, so this palette does have a few negatives to it, however, they are only minor. Firstly, the teal colour, the forest green and the midnight blue, aren't exactly the easiest colours to wear and use on an everyday basis, so these colours have not been used as much as the others, and I perhaps would have preferred some colours that would be easier to work with. However, I do not know of any good colour combinations with these colours, so if you have any suggestions, I would gladly hear them! Also, the eye shadows do have the tendency to crease a tiny bit, but all you need to use is a primer. If you do not have it, you can make one here by following the recipe of missglamorazzi, or use a bit of foundation or concealer.

But overall, this is my favourite palette; it's deep in pigmentation, the colours are gorgeous and completely wearable, and it's flattering on EVERYBODY!

Sleek has plenty more colour combinations for their palettes that you can check out here at the Sleek website, on the eyeshadow page.

Anyway, thank you for reading this rather long post!

Lots of Love,

Isabella x

2 comments:

  1. great swatches!

    Neat post... would you like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Thank you, and I've just followed your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts